- 1/4 yard of outer fabric
- 1/4 yard of lining fabric
- 9″ zipper
- Zipper foot
- Sewing machine or needle and thread
- Iron and ironing board
2 pieces of outer fabric measuring 6″x 8.5″
2 pieces of lining fabric measuring 6″x 8.5″
Procedure to install the zipper.
- Place 1 piece of the outer fabric right side up and place one edge of the zipper, zipper tape down on the long edge of the fabric.
- Place 1 piece of the lining fabric right side down onto the zipper tape.
- Pin the 3 layers then sew across using the zipper foot attachment on your machine.
- Do steps 1-3 to the other side of the zipper. Open up both sides and iron flat (you should have an outer piece of fabric and a lining piece on one side).
- Top stitch both sides of the zipper using your zipper foot.
How to make the Pouch.
- Open the zipper halfway
- Place both right sides of the fabric together and pin around.
- Do the same for the lining leaving a 3″ gap at the bottom
- Sew around with a 3/4″
- Use the 3 inch opening in the lining to turn the pouch inside out
- Fold the extra fabric into the lining opening and top stitch.
- Put the lining back in the pouch and press flat.