Teach your little ones how to tie their shoelaces with this handy helper.
- Thick cardboard
- White paint
- Black paint
- Main paint color for the shoe
- Exacto knife
- Ribbon or string for the shoelaces.
- First Print out the template for the shoe. Shoe Tying Template pdf
- Trace your template onto the cardboard and cut out with your Exacto knife or scissors.
- Now cut out the toe cap on the template. Trace it onto the cardboard and cut out.
- Do step #3 for the tongue as well.
- Now you have to mark the eyelets on both sides of the tongue.
- To make the eyelet holes you will need to make a small hole with the Exacto or scissors.
- Once the holes are made you can enlarge them with a pencil so that it will be easier to thread the laces through.
- Paint the shoe the main color except for the toe cap and let dry. After the paint is dry you can paint the toe cap white and wait for that to dry too. (You can paint a second coat on if needed.)
- Now you can paint the details like the eyelet rings, the tongue, and the toecap. (Wait for the paint to dry completely.)
- Once the paint is dry you can add decoupage on the shoe or you can leave it without.
- When you are done with the shoe you can thread the laces.
- Once the shoe has the laces you are done and now you can teach a little one how to tie them.
* Tip: use pieces of tape at the end of the laces to make it easier to thread the laces on the shoes.